Saturday, April 26, 2008

CHAPTER ONE

I don’t know why I am in love with evenings and wish to stick to nights... When People say it was great today. Or enjoyed a Day. I just try to recollect whether I ever enjoyed a day... and unfortunately I don’t get any answer.... yea, there were days, which may count.

Such as, The first show of my play and the moment I entered on stage..... The time when I heard thousands of claps on my dialogues. The days which I dedicated to learn unnecessary texts like the Asian Geography and the theories/(theorems) of Pythagoras & in Geometry and Archimedes in Mathematics while watching squirrels and sparrows on the branches through the broken window ... and along with heavy school bag and the fight in the slush... The first day of work...The day without money to eat... The crowd where I lost, and learned to search myself. It matters...! these moments though good, do not touch me..

But I am really touched by the beauty of Night. The long silences and empty roads to walk without shrilling vehicles and running crowds, Closed Doors and the yellow light, people resting on newspapers. And of course It was a night when the first expression I penned, the first shooting I attended, When I introduced myself to books, When I cried, When I fought with my Father, When I stayed on the railway station after the last train. When I held my nephew, When I dreamed and still dream.. they are nights....... And my Evenings at Irani Cafe Gulping down a Kettle Full Kadak CHAI sip by sip... I don’t know why but I always feel, many people like me are the devotee of the nights....
CHEERS FOR TONIGHT... LET'S FACE THE DARK ONCE..